Performance is one of the main issues that every administrator faces at one point or another. This book will help you to identify and mitigate it.
The book starts with an introduction to Zabbix and the most common mistakes that are usually overlooked while deploying it. You will discover the importance of an impressive and easy-to-use front-end and how to develop one, along with comparisons between Apache, Ngnix, and lighttpd web servers. Storage, as an important aspect of every deployment, is covered and you will be shown how to choose the right storage system for you and configure it to suit your deployment.
Towards the end of the book, you will walk through the intricacies of the operating system; the final piece of the puzzle that holds all the components together. You will then dive into advanced topics including using a specific piece of hardware for each of the components, the Zabbix proxy, and firewall settings. By the end of the book, you will be able to tune your Zabbix implementation to achieve maximum performance.
What You Will Learn
- Identify Zabbix’s numerous ways of tuning and find the best match for your environment
- Familiarize yourself with tools including web servers, database servers, storage, and the support system of Zabbix
- Discover the most common performance configuration errors made by administrators
- Explore the importance of the Zabbix proxy in your deployment
- Learn why keeping the Zabbix SIA updated is key to dealing with performance issues
- Master the art of efficiently troubleshooting Zabbix’s performance