English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78588-677-5 | 384 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 11 MB
Django is a web framework that was designed to strike a balance between rapid web development and high performance. It has the capacity to handle applications with high levels of user traffic and interaction, and can integrate with massive databases on the backend, constantly collecting and processing data in real time.
By the end of this book, you will have a good understanding of the new features added to Django 1.8 and be an expert at web development processes.
- This is the latest book on the market that will help you take advantage of the new features added to Django 1.8
- This book consists of recipes of varying complexities to help you create multilingual, responsive, and scalable websites with Django
- This updated edition teaches you major Django functions and will help you improve your skills by developing models, forms, views, and templates
What You Will Learn
- Get started with the basic configuration necessary to start any Django project
- Build a database structure out of reusable model mixins
- Manage forms and views and get to know some useful patterns that are used to create them
- Create handy template filters and tags that you can reuse in every project
- Integrate your own functionality into the Django CMS
- Manage hierarchical structures with MPTT
- Import data from local sources and external web services as well as exporting your data to third parties
- Implement a multilingual search with Haystack
- Test and deploy your project efficiently