Work through realistic case studies to create your own websites easily, securely, and quickly
- Understand Django functionality and the Model-View-Template (MVT) paradigm
- Create and iteratively build a book review website, adding features as you build your knowledge
- Explore advanced concepts such as REST API implementation and third-party module integration
Do you want to develop reliable and secure applications that stand out from the crowd without spending hours on boilerplate code? You’ve made the right choice trusting the Django framework, and this book will tell you why. Often referred to as a “batteries included” web development framework, Django comes with all the core features needed to build a standalone application. Web Development with Django will take you through all the essential concepts and help you explore its power to build real-world applications using Python.
By the end of this Django book, you’ll have the skills and confidence to creatively develop and deploy your own projects.
What you will learn
- Create a new application and add models to describe your data
- Use views and templates to control behavior and appearance
- Implement access control through authentication and permissions
- Develop practical web forms to add features such as file uploads
- Connect to a database such as PostgreSQL