English | 2016 | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 44KHz 2ch | 1h 40m | 294 MB
Master RESTful API development with Python and Flask
Whether working in the enterprise, building for web or mobile, you will need to build (if you haven’t already) RESTful APIs to serve data between different client applications and endpoints. This course delivers the fundamental knowledge required to enable highly connected interaction between applications through building RESTful web APIs.
Building good web APIs is not an easy task, but is a necessity for applications that support multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, and web applications) especially with the modern, mobile-first approach to development. In this course, you will learn how to build up and structure an effective web API that can be used by any client application accessing it over the HTTP protocol.
We will start out with basics of the Flask framework before establishing a comprehensive foundation of working with CRUD operations using SQLAlchemy and MySQL as the data store. You’ll get an understanding of how REST works relative to APIs, and we’ll cover how to test APIs written in Python with the support of Flask. You will learn about token-based authentication and find out how to store passwords securely in your database. Best practices and design guidelines when building large applications are also presented.
After completing Web API Development with Flask, you will have enhanced your technical knowledge about RESTful web APIs and have absorbed best practices that can be applied practically in the future.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the fundamental capabilities of the Flask framework
- Find out how HTTP/Verb methods are used for CRUD operations
- Become efficient using SQLAlchemy to store and query data models
- Design and develop large applications independently from Flask
- Integrate and develop authorization mechanisms in web APIs
- Explore security principles, and understand how storing passwords should be implemented
- Use the Flask test client efficiently to run automated tests
Table of Contents
Getting Up to Speed with Flask
01. The Course Overview
02. Setting Up Flask and Creating Your First Flask Application
03. Custom Routing Configuration
04. Flask Template Usage
05. Flask Flash Messages and Custom Error Pages
Implementing Create and Read through a RESTful API
06. CRUD and REST Basics
07. Using SQLAlchemy for Model Mapping
08. Implementing Create
09. Implementing Read
Implementing Update and Delete through a RESTful API
10. Implementing Update
11. Implementing Delete
13. Implementing Pagination
Extending the Web API
14. RESTful Authentication
15. HTTP Caching
16. Error Handling in RESTful APIs
17. Guidelines for Building Large Projects
Securing Web APIs
18. Why Use HTTPS?
19. Token Authentication
20. Usage of Cookies
21. Storing Passwords
Testing Web APIs
22. Using the Flask Test Client
23. Testing Custom Flask Routes
24. Testing CRUD
25. Testing Authentication
Resolve the captcha to access the links!