Author: Lauren S. Ferro
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 101 Mb
Design and Develop feature-rich professional 3D games using Visual Scripting System in Unreal Engine 4
The Blueprints Visual Scripting system helps you to create gameplay elements from within Unreal Engine. This book will provide you with the essential foundation to learn how to build complex game mechanics quickly and easily without writing any code.
Starting off with the basic setup of fundamental game components, you will gradually move on to build your first minimalistic 3D platformer game that will introduce creating basic movement along with a simple quest system. You will create a survival maze game and learn all about adding additional features to the game, such as audio, special effects, and AI, using Blueprints. Finally, you will learn how to build a multiplayer game that is playable over a network with other players. By the end of this book, you will have completed three awesome projects and be equipped with the knowledge and skills to create complex games with AI, amazing interfaces, immersive environments, and exciting multiplayer experiences.
What you will learn
- Set up Unreal Engine and all of its foundational components
- Add basic movement to game objects and create collision mechanism
- Design and implement interfaces to extend player interaction
- Create a dynamically filling inventory system along with a UI to interact with it
- Add audio effects based on triggered events to various parts of the game environment
- Use analytic information to tune their game values
- Create complex enemy AI that can sense the world around it in a multiplayer game
- Deploy your game to multiple platforms and share it with the world