Learn how to write a simple testing framework and extend it to drive the design of your logging library
- Learn how to solve various challenges when testing in C++ with the help of effective solutions
- Develop a logging library with enhancements
- Drive better code designs with effective tests
Modern, standard C++ is all that is needed to create a small and practical testing framework that will improve the design of any project. This allows you to think about how the code will be used, which is the first step in designing intuitive interfaces. TDD is a modern balanced software development approach that helps to create maintainable applications, provide modularity in design, and write minimal code that drastically reduces defects. With the help of this book, you’ll be able to continue adding value when designs need to change by ensuring that the changes don’t break existing tests.
In this book, developers working with test-driven development (TDD) will be able to put their knowledge to work by writing a simple testing framework and then using it to drive the design of a logging library. The book will help you enhance your software development skills with test cases. You’ll understand how to design and implement test cases. The chapters will also show you how to utilize the TDD approach to be more productive in software development than attempting to code in large unstructured steps.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained knowledge of TDD and testing and also built a working logging library.
What you will learn
- Understand how to develop software using TDD
- Keep the code for the system as error-free as possible
- Refactor and redesign code confidently
- Communicate the requirements and behaviors of the code with your team
- Understand the differences between unit tests and integration tests
- Use TDD to create a minimal viable testing framework