A comprehensive guide with key images printed in color to learning motion graphics, character modeling and rigging, creating dynamic hair and clothes, 3D scanning using photogrammetry, and more
- Learn how to use geometry nodes to create motion graphics and dynamic scenes
- Understand organic 3D modeling and how to create and animate your own 3D characters
- Use physics simulations to create clothing and hair for characters that interact with forces like wind
If you’re ready to start exploring the more advanced workflows and processes in Blender to create intricate 3D models, then Taking Blender to the Next Level is for you.
This book focuses on a few different VFX-related workflows such as geometry nodes, organic modeling, 3D camera tracking, photogrammetry, sculpting, compositing, and physics simulations. You’ll learn how to use geometry nodes to create dynamic motion graphic scenes as well as perform 3D scanning of real-world objects using photogrammetry. You’ll also find out how to model, rig, and animate your own 3D characters from scratch. Next, you’ll progress to using simulations to break objects apart and then use cloth and hair simulations to add realism to your 3D creations. Finally, you’ll go over the final render settings and export your 3D animation masterpiece as a video.
By the end of this Blender book, you’ll be able to model your own 3D characters, objects, and landscapes; rig, animate, and texture your characters; 3D track live-action footage; and composite your 3D characters into live-action scenes.
What you will learn
- Use geometry nodes to quickly create complex 3D scenes and motion graphics renders
- Create realistic textures using physically based rendering materials
- 3D scan real-life objects using a normal camera and clean up the model using Blender
- Understand how to model, rig, and animate your own 3D characters
- Use rigid body simulations to create dynamic scenes
- Understand how to perform 3D tracking within Blender
- Become well-versed with compositing 3D renders into live-action footage