Author: Stefan Kaczmarek
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 34 Mb
Stay motivated and overcome obstacles while learning to use Swift Playgrounds and Xcode 10.2 to become a great iOS developer. This book, fully updated for Swift 5, is perfect for those with no programming background, those with some programming experience but no object-oriented experience, or those that have a great idea for an app but haven’t programmed since school.
Many people have a difficult time believing they can learn to write iOS apps. Swift 5 for Absolute Beginners will show you how to do so. You’ll learn Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and be introduced to User Interface (UI) design following Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) using storyboards and the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern before moving on to write your own iPhone and Apple Watch apps from scratch.
What You’ll Learn
- Work with Swift classes, properties, and functions
- Examine proper User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design
- Understand Swift data types: integers, floats, strings, and booleans
- Use Swift data collections: arrays and dictionaries
- Review Boolean logic, comparing data, and flow control
- Use the Xcode debugger to troubleshoot problems with your apps
- Store data in local app preferences and Core Data databases