English | 2017 | ISBN: 978-1-78646-351-7 | 332 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 22 MB
An example-rich, comprehensive guide for all of your Python computational needs
Python can be used for more than just general-purpose programming. It is a free, open source language and environment that has tremendous potential for use within the domain of scientific computing. This book presents Python in tight connection with mathematical applications and demonstrates how to use various concepts in Python for computing purposes, including examples with the latest version of Python 3. Python is an effective tool to use when coupling scientific computing and mathematics and this book will teach you how to use it for linear algebra, arrays, plotting, iterating, functions, polynomials, and much more.
What you will learn
- The principal syntactical elements of Python
- The most important and basic types in Python
- The essential building blocks of computational mathematics, linear algebra, and related Python objects
- Plot in Python using matplotlib to create high quality figures and graphics to draw and visualize your results
- Define and use functions and learn to treat them as objects
- How and when to correctly apply object-oriented programming for scientific computing in Python
- Handle exceptions, which are an important part of writing reliable and usable code
- Two aspects of testing for scientific programming: Manual and Automatic
Resolve the captcha to access the links!