Sails.js makes it easy to build custom, enterprise-grade Node.js apps. It is designed to emulate the familiar MVC pattern of frameworks, but with support for the requirements of modern apps: data-driven APIs with a scalable, service-oriented architecture.
This book will provide practical examples to get you started with Sails.js and get you develop production-ready apps in no time. We will take you from a Node.js web server and single threading system to a general MVC architecture. You will then learn to develop applications that you might be already familiar with using Sails.js. Finally, we will show you how to create a chat app and a to-do application, and improve code quality using JSHINT and JSCS.
What You Will Learn
- Find out to quick-start Sails.js and develop production-ready apps
- Understand how to apply the MVC model of software development in Node.js using Sails.js
- Discover how to write quality code using Sails.js
- Integrate third-party APIs and databases such Mongo and MySQL in Sails.js
- Get to know the advantages and importance of the MVC framework in software development
This book is for web developers who want to build web apps with Sails.js.
- Gain expertise in building web apps with Sails.js
- Develop apps such as real-time chat app and more in no time
- Helps you understand how MVC framework works in Node.js and how to make it work for you