English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1785889981 | 168 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 11 MB
Learn how to build your own pattern library and fill it with the most popular responsive web design patterns
Keep track of Responsive Web Designs (RWD) patterns by building your own pattern library and creating RWD’s most popular patterns, seen on hundreds of websites today. For beginners and pros, this book provides a toolset to help plan the design and functionality of a responsive website.
The book begins with creating a home for all your patterns by setting up your own pattern library. Each chapter is broken down into different sections of a website; presenting patterns for each section. We move on to building responsive layouts of varying degrees of complexity to house the type of content you need. Develop menu systems and see which responsive navigation fits the size of your website. Next, you’ll learn tactics to present media and data elegantly on different screen sizes. And finally, you’ll tie up all those loose ends on your responsive website and pattern library to get it ready for launch.
What You Will Learn
- Gain knowledge of the pros and cons of popular responsive patterns.
- Know how to combine patterns to create unique solutions for your own projects
- Understand the benefits of creating a pattern library and learn how to use them efficiently
- Pay attention to detail by reviewing commonly forgotten responsive elements such as typography
- See real-world examples of these patterns being used by websites like Disney, NASA, and more
- Review techniques and best practices when it comes to building responsive websites