Author: Alex Sullivan
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 117 Mb
Learn Reactive Programming in Kotlin with RxJava!
The popularity of reactive programming continues to grow on an ever-increasing number of platforms and languages. Rx lets developers easily and quickly build apps with code that can be understood by other Rx developers—even over different platforms.Not only will you learn how to use RxJava to create complex reactive applications on Android, you’ll also see how to solve common application design issues by using RxJava. Finally, you’ll discover how to exercise full control over the library and leverage the full power of reactive programming in your apps.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Android developers who already feel comfortable with the Android SDK and Kotlin, and want to dive deep into development with RxJava, RxKotlin, and RxAndroid.
Topics Covered in Reactive Programming with Kotlin
- Getting Started**: Get an introduction to the reactive programming paradigm, learn the terminology involved, and see how to begin using RxJava in your projects.
- Event Management**: Learn how to handle asynchronous event sequences via two key concepts in Rx—Observables and Observers.
- Being Selective**: See how to work with various events using tools such as filtering, transforming, combining, and timing operators.
- UI Development**: RxJava and companion libraries make it easy to work with the UI of your apps, providing a reactive approach to handling user events.
- Intermediate Topics**: Level up your RxJava knowledge with chapters on reactive networking, error handling, and schedulers.
- Advanced Topics**: Round out your RxJava education by learning about app architecture, repositories, and integrating RxJava with Android Jetpack.
- And much, much more!
By the end of the book, you’ll have hands-on experience solving common issues in a reactive paradigm—and you’ll be well on your way to coming up with your own Rx patterns and solutions!