Get up to speed with React and React Native to build cross-platform native applications with the help of practical examples
- Discover React’s latest features including automatic state update batching and prioritizing state updates
- Get to grips with React architecture to write cross-platform apps using libraries such as NativeBase
- Understand GraphQL and Apollo for building a scalable backend for your applications
React and React Native, the innovative user interface libraries made by Meta (formerly Facebook), are designed to help you build robust, cross-platform web and mobile applications.
In its fourth edition, this React and React Native book has been updated to cover the latest additions and developments in the React 18 ecosystem, while also being compatible with React Native. You’ll begin by learning about the essential building blocks of React components. As you advance through the chapters, you’ll work with higher-level functionalities in application development and then put your knowledge to work by developing user interface components for the web and native platforms. In the concluding chapters, you’ll learn how to bring your application together with a robust data architecture.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build React applications for the web and React Native applications for multiple mobile platforms with confidence.
What you will learn
- Explore React architecture, component properties, state, and context
- Work with React Hooks for handling functions and components
- Implement code splitting using lazy components and Suspense
- Build robust user interfaces for mobile and desktop apps using Material-UI
- Write shared components for Android and iOS apps using React Native
- Simplify layout design for React Native apps using NativeBase
- Write GraphQL schemas to power web and mobile apps
- Implement Apollo-driven components