English | 2014 | ISBN: 978-1783987740 | 218 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Gain quick access to the machine learning concepts and practical applications using the R development environment
R Machine Learning Essentials provides you with an introduction to machine learning with R. Machine learning finds its applications in speech recognition, search-based operations, and artificial intelligence, among other things. You will start off by getting an introduction to what machine learning is, along with some examples to demonstrate the importance in understanding the basic ideas of machine learning. This book will then introduce you to R and you will see that it is an influential programming language that aids effective machine learning. You will learn the three steps to build an effective machine learning solution, which are exploring the data, building the solution, and validating the results. The book will demonstrate each step, highlighting their purpose and explaining techniques related to them.
By the end of this book, you will be able to use the machine learning techniques effectively, identify business problems, and solve them by applying appropriate solutions.
What You Will Learn
- Introduce yourself to the basics of machine learning and R
- Develop an interactive data analysis with R to get insights into the data
- Explore business problems and identify key features that are highly relevant to the solution
- Build machine learning algorithms using the most powerful tools in R
- Apply different machine learning techniques for different kinds of business problems
- Validate the results of the techniques and identify the best solution to a problem
- Identify business problems and solve them by developing effective solutions