In this handy, quick reference book you’ll be introduced to several R data science packages, with examples of how to use each of them. All concepts will be covered concisely, with many illustrative examples using the following APIs: readr, dibble, forecasts, lubridate, stringr, tidyr, magnittr, dplyr, purrr, ggplot2, modelr, and more.
With R 4 Data Science Quick Reference, you’ll have the code, APIs, and insights to write data science-based applications in the R programming language. You’ll also be able to carry out data analysis. All source code used in the book is freely available on GitHub..
What You’ll Learn
- Implement applicable R 4 programming language specification features
- Import data with readr
- Work with categories using forcats, time and dates with lubridate, and strings with stringr
- Format data using tidyr and then transform that data using magrittr and dplyr
- Write functions with R for data science, data mining, and analytics-based applications
- Visualize data with ggplot2 and fit data to models using modelr