Author: Ahmad Osama
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 85 Mb
Leverage powerful features of the SQL Server and watch your infrastructure transform into a high-performing, reliable network of systems.
Professional SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery explains the high availability and disaster recovery technologies available in SQL Server: Replication, AlwaysOn, and Log Shipping. You’ll learn what they are, how to monitor them, and how to troubleshoot any related problems. You will be introduced to the availability groups of AlwaysOn and learn how to configure them to extend your database mirroring. Through this book, you will be able to explore the technical implementations of high availability and disaster recovery technologies that you can use when you create a highly available infrastructure, including hybrid topologies.
By the end of the book, you’ll be equipped with all that you need to know to develop robust and high performance infrastructure.
What you will learn
- Configure and troubleshoot Replication, AlwaysOn, and Log Shipping
- Study the best practices to implement HA and DR solutions
- Design HA and DR topologies for the SQL Server and study how to choose a topology for your environment
- Use T-SQL to configure replication, AlwaysOn, and log shipping
- Migrate from On-Premise SQL Server to Azure SQL Database
- Manage and maintain AlwaysOn availability groups for extended database mirroring