Learn the fundamentals of PL/PGSQL, the programming language of PostgreSQL which is most robust Open Source Relational Database. This book provides practical insights into developing database code objects such as functions and procedures, with a focus on effectively handling strings, numbers, and arrays to achieve desired outcomes, and transaction management.
The unique approach to handling Triggers in PostgreSQL ensures that both functionality and performance are maintained without compromise. You’ll gain proficiency in writing inline/anonymous server-side code within the limitations, along with learning essential debugging and profiling techniques. Additionally, the book delves into statistical analysis of PL/PGSQL code and offers valuable knowledge on managing exceptions while writing code blocks.
Finally, you’ll explore the installation and configuration of extensions to enhance the performance of stored procedures and functions.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the PL/PGSQL concepts
- Learn to debug, profile, and optimize PL/PGSQL code
- Study linting PL/PGSQL code
- Review transaction management within PL/PGSQL code
- Work with developer friendly features like operators, casts, and aggregators