This books demonstrates the freshest cutting-edge layout tools found within CSS3, teaching you the skills you’ll need to create advanced design patterns for websites and apps.
Pro CSS3 Layout Techniques teaches you how to make the most of CSS3’s existing specification, including those parts of the specification already widely implemented, as well as the upcoming modules that are still being developed by the W3C. After reading this book you’ll be able to confidently develop sophisticated, flexible layouts that aren’t possible with CSS2.1.
CSS1 allowed designers to separate content from presentation for the first time and CSS2 cemented support for advanced typographical control, but neither specification provided more than rudimentary layout control. CSS3’s latest additions allow designers to craft fully responsive, sophisticated layouts without the need for complex scripts or smoke-and-mirror workarounds.
CSS3 is still in active development, with browser vendors racing against each other to implement the latest recommendations from the W3C. Pro CSS3 Layout Techniques will help you cut through the waffle and get straight to the heart of what works now, while showing you how to be ready for the future of CSS!
- Teaches cutting-edge techniques for CSS3 layout
- Covers all major CSS3 layout modules including multi-column, regions, and grid
- Includes detailed coverage and examples of the new, powerful FlexBox
- Features beta information on edge-modules in development
- Covers use of libraries, frameworks and polyfills