English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1484273241 | 286 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 31 MB
Learn best practices and the proper use of Azure management tools, such as Azure Portal, Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, and ARM templates, which are time-saving tools that support daily administration tasks such as monitoring, alerting, backups, security, and more. This book explores common Azure services, including Azure networking, virtual machines, app services, backup, monitoring, and other tools of the trade that IT professionals use on a regular basis. And you will come away with a strong understanding of these services and how to use them.
While Microsoft Azure is no longer “the new cloud on the block,” it continues to be one of the fastest-growing platforms with regard to features, integrations, and capabilities. Over the last decade, it has undergone significant changes and amassed a large following, but many of its users, especially those who transitioned from traditional admin tasks to modern cloud computing, are not reaping its full benefits.
Management in the cloud, while seemingly simpler in some ways, is not without its own set of complexities and headaches. Admins want to streamline it where it makes sense and allocate the right resources to the right job in order to keeps cost in check, but where does one begin?
Pro Azure Administration and Automation is a comprehensive guide that is chock full of time-saving recipes and scripts you can rely on to learn about day-to-day Azure administration and automation.
What You Will Learn
- Attain theoretical and practical knowledge on deploying and managing Azure
- Gain an understanding of services, their relationship with other services, and their configuration parameters
- Adopt a modern mindset, transitioning from a traditional IT admin mindset to a cloud admin pro
- Understand how everything in the cloud is billable and learn how to factor it into choices
- Apply in-chapter PowerShell scripts and ARM templates which can be re-purposed
- Know when it makes sense to be more involved in tasks (for example, automation and scripting)