Learn how to combine the efficiency of SQL and Procedural Language(PL) to build a powerful Application.
Learn to become a PL/SQL developer in just four weeks.
This fast, easy and effective course will take you from zero PL/SQL writing skills to being able to write efficient programs to process data.
PL/SQL is the Oracle Procedural Language extension of SQL. A PL/SQL program can have both SQL statements and procedural statements. In the PL/SQL program, the SQL statements are used to access sets of data stored in a database, while the procedural statements are used to process individual piece of data and control the program flow.
In this course participants will learn
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL
- Design PL/SQL anonymous blocks that execute efficiently
- Use the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output
- Create and debug stored procedures and functions
- Design PL/SQL packages to group related constructs
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow
- Create overloaded package subprograms for more flexibility
- Handle runtime errors using Exceptions
- Writing manageable code using Records
- Storing and processing data using Collections
- Processing data using Implicit and Explicit Cursors