Author: Matt Burrough
Pub Date: 2018
Size: 10 Mb
A comprehensive guide to penetration testing cloud services deployed with Microsoft Azure, the popular cloud computing service provider used by companies like Warner Brothers and Apple.
A comprehensive guide to penetration testing cloud services deployed in Microsoft Azure, the popular cloud computing service provider used by numerous companies large and small.
You’ll learn how to:
- Find security issues related to multi-factor authentication and management certificates
- Make sense of Azure’s services by using PowerShell commands to find IP addresses, administrative users, and firewall rules
- Discover security configuration errors that could lead to exploits against Azure storage and keys
- Uncover weaknesses in virtual machine settings that enable you to and acquire passwords, binaries, code, and settings files
- Penetrate networks by enumerating firewall rules
- Investigate specialized services like Azure Key Vault and Azure Websites
- Know when you might be caught by viewing logs and security events
Packed with real-world examples from the author’s experience as a corporate penetration tester, sample scripts from pen-tests and “Defenders Tips” that explain how companies can reduce risk, Pentesting Azure provides a clear overview of how to effectively perform security tests so that you can provide the most accurate assessments possible.