Simulate real-world attacks using tactics, techniques, and procedures that adversaries use during cloud breaches
- Understand the different Azure attack techniques and methodologies used by hackers
- Find out how you can ensure end-to-end cybersecurity in the Azure ecosystem
- Discover various tools and techniques to perform successful penetration tests on your Azure infrastructure
Security professionals working with Azure will be able to put their knowledge to work with this practical guide to penetration testing. The book provides a hands-on approach to exploring Azure penetration testing methodologies that will help you get up and running in no time with the help of a variety of real-world examples, scripts, and ready-to-use source code.
As you learn about the Microsoft Azure platform and understand how hackers can attack resources hosted in the Azure cloud, you’ll find out how to protect your environment by identifying vulnerabilities, along with extending your pentesting tools and capabilities. This book starts by taking you through the prerequisites for pentesting Azure and shows you how to set up a pentesting lab. You’ll then simulate attacks on Azure assets such as web applications and virtual machines from anonymous and authenticated perspectives. Finally, you’ll learn about the opportunities for privilege escalation in Azure tenants and ways in which an attacker can create persistent access to an environment.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to leverage your ethical hacking skills to identify and implement different tools and techniques to perform successful penetration tests on your own Azure infrastructure.
What you will learn
- Identify how administrators misconfigure Azure services, leaving them open to exploitation
- Understand how to detect cloud infrastructure, service, and application misconfigurations
- Explore processes and techniques for exploiting common Azure security issues
- Use on-premises networks to pivot and escalate access within Azure
- Diagnose gaps and weaknesses in Azure security implementations
- Understand how attackers can escalate privileges in Azure AD