NGINX is one of the most widely used web servers available today, in part because of its capabilities as a load balancer and reverse proxy server for HTTP and other network protocols. This revised cookbook provides easy-to-follow examples of real-world problems in application delivery. The practical recipes will help you set up and use either the open source or commercial offering to solve problems in various use cases.
For professionals who understand modern web architectures, such as n-tier or microservice designs and common web protocols such as TCP and HTTP, these recipes provide proven solutions for security and software load balancing and for monitoring and maintaining NGINX’s application delivery platform. You’ll also explore advanced features of both NGINX and NGINX Plus, the free and licensed versions of this server.
You’ll find recipes for:
- High-performance load balancing with HTTP, TCP, and UDP
- Securing access through encrypted traffic, secure links, HTTP authentication subrequests, and more
- Deploying NGINX to Google, AWS, and Azure cloud computing services
- Setting up and configuring NGINX Controller
- Installing and configuring the NGINX App Protect module
- Enabling WAF through Controller ADC
- NGINX Instance Manager (new chapter)
- New recipes for NGINX Service Mesh, HTTP3 and QUIC, and the njs module