A practical guide filled with over 120 infographics to help you administer Moodle for large organizations and small enterprises, updated to Moodle 4 and packed with real-world examples addressing today’s LMS needs
- Learn how to plan, install, customize, and optimize Moodle and Moodle Workplace
- Deliver a cutting-edge learning experience in a secure and customizable environment while optimizing the Moodle environment
- Discover solutions to common problems while administering Moodle using a wide range of real-world examples
This updated fourth edition of the classic Moodle Administration guide has been written from the ground up and covers all the new Moodle features in great breadth and depth. The topics have also been augmented with professional diagrams, illustrations, and checklists.
The book starts by covering basic tasks such as how to set up and configure Moodle and perform day-to-day administration activities. You’ll then progress to more advanced topics that show you how to customize and extend Moodle, manage authentication and enrolments, and work with roles and capabilities. Next, you’ll learn how to configure pedagogical and technical Moodle plugins and ensure your LMS complies with data protection regulations. Then, you will learn how to tighten Moodle’s security, improve its performance, and configure backup and restore procedures. Finally, you’ll gain insights on how to compile custom reports, configure learning analytics, enable mobile learning, integrate Moodle via web services, and support different types of multi-tenancy.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to set up an efficient, fully fledged, and secure Moodle system.
What you will learn
- Get expert techniques to handle courses, categories, and enrolments in Moodle
- Manage users, cohorts, roles, and authentication in a professional manner
- Configure and manage core and third-party plugins and integrations like a pro
- Explore different levels of technical and educational configuration
- Enhance Moodle’s look and feel to create engaging user experiences and ensure compliance with your corporate branding
- Gain insights by creating powerful custom reports and learning analytics
- Ensure your Moodle or Moodle Workplace complies with the latest GDPR regulations
- Support different learning settings, including home-office based learning, mobile learning, and multi-tenancy