Author: Cyrus Dasadia
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 26 Mb
Over 100 practical recipes to efficiently maintain and administer your MongoDB solution
Manage, fine-tune, secure and deploy your MongoDB solution with ease with the help of practical recipes
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that forms the backbone of the systems that power many different organizations. Packed with many features that have become essential for many different types of software professional and incredibly easy to use, this cookbook contains more than 100 recipes to address the everyday challenges of working with MongoDB.
Starting with database configuration, you will understand the indexing aspects of MongoDB. The book also includes practical recipes on how you can optimize your database query performance, perform diagnostics, and query debugging. You will also learn how to implement the core administration tasks required for high-availability and scalability, achieved through replica sets and sharding, respectively. You will also implement server security concepts such as authentication, user management, role-based access models, and TLS configuration. You will also learn how to back up and recover your database efficiently and monitor server performance.
By the end of this book, you will have all the information you need—along with tips, tricks, and best practices—to implement a high-performance MongoDB solution.
What You Will Learn
- Install and deploy MongoDB in production
- Manage and implement optimal indexes
- Optimize monitoring in MongoDB
- Fine-tune the performance of your queries
- Debug and diagnose your database’s performance
- Optimize database backups and recovery and ensure high availability
- Make your MongoDB instance scalable
- Implement security and user authentication features in MongoDB
- Master optimal cloud deployment strategies