Python has evolved over the years and has become the primary choice of developers in various fields. The purpose of this book is to help readers develop readable, reliable, and maintainable programs in Python.
Starting with an introduction to the concept of modules and packages, this book shows how you can use these building blocks to organize a complex program into logical parts and make sure those parts are working correctly together.
Using clearly written, real-world examples, this book demonstrates how you can use modular techniques to build better programs. A number of common modular programming patterns are covered, including divide-and-conquer, abstraction, encapsulation, wrappers and extensibility. You will also learn how to test your modules and packages, how to prepare your code for sharing with other people, and how to publish your modules and packages on GitHub and the Python Package Index so that other people can use them. Finally, you will learn how to use modular design techniques to be a more effective programmer.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to use modules and packages to organize your Python code
- Understand how to use the import statement to load modules and packages into your program
- Use common module patterns such as abstraction and encapsulation to write better programs
- Discover how to create self-testing Python packages
- Create reusable modules that other programmers can use
- Learn how to use GitHub and the Python Package Index to share your code with other people
- Make use of modules and packages that others have written
- Use modular techniques to build robust systems that can handle complexity and changing requirements over time