Author: Frank Zammetti
Pub Date: 2020
Size: 10 Mb
Explore what React, Node, TypeScript, Webpack, and Docker have to offer individually, and how they all fit together in modern app development.
You’ll begin by building a solid foundation of knowledge and quickly expand it by constructing two different real-world apps. These aren’t just simple, contrived examples but real apps that you can choose to install on your servers and use for real. By the end, you will have a solid grasp of building apps with React, Node.js, and TypeScript and a good grasp on how Webpack can be used to optimize and organize your code for deployment. You’ll also understand how Docker can be used to run the apps you build in a clear and well-defined way, all of which will be able to springboard you into creating more advanced apps on your own.
What You’ll Learn
- Get a project started and logically structure it
- Construct a user interface with React and Material-UI
- Use WebSockets for real-time communication between client and server
- Build a REST API with Node and Express as another approach to client-server communication
- Package the app with Webpack for optimized delivery
- Take a completed app and wrap it up with Docker for easy distribution
- Review a host of other ancillary topics including NPM, Semantic versioning, Babel, NoSQL, and more