English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1838644352 | 286 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 34 MB
As a Cybersecurity Professional, discover how to implement cryptographic techniques to help your organization mitigate the risks of altered, disclosed, or stolen data
- Discover how cryptography is used to secure data in motion as well as at rest
- Compare symmetric with asymmetric encryption and learn how a hash is used
- Get to grips with different types of cryptographic solutions along with common applications
In today’s world, it is important to have confidence in your data storage and transmission strategy. Cryptography can provide you with confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and non-repudiation. But are you aware of just what exactly is involved in using cryptographic techniques? Modern Cryptography for Cybersecurity Professionals helps you to gain a better understanding of the cryptographic elements necessary to secure your data.
The book begins by helping you to understand why we need to secure data and how encryption can provide protection, whether it be in motion or at rest. Then, you’ll delve into symmetric and asymmetric encryption and discover how a hash is used. As you advance, you’ll see how the public key infrastructure (PKI) and certificates build trust between parties, so that we can confidently encrypt and exchange data. Finally, you’ll explore the practical applications of cryptographic techniques, including passwords, email, and blockchain technology, along with securely transmitting data using a virtual private network (VPN).
By the end of this cryptography book, you’ll have gained a solid understanding of cryptographic techniques and terms, learned how symmetric and asymmetric encryption along with how a hash is used, and recognized the importance of key management and the PKI.
What you will learn
- Learn how network attacks can compromise data
- Review practical uses of cryptography over time
- Compare how symmetric and asymmetric encryption work
- Explore how a hash can ensure data integrity and authentication
- Understand the laws that govern the need to secure data
- Discover the practical applications of cryptographic techniques
- Find out how the PKI enables trust
- Get to grips with how data can be secured using a VPN