Author: Julitta Korol
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 52 Mb
Updated for Access 2019 and based on the bestselling editions from previous versions, Microsoft Access 2019 Programming by Example with VBA, XML and ASP is a practical, how-to book on Access programming, suitable for readers already proficient with the Access user interface (UI). If you are looking to automate Access routine tasks, this book will progressively introduce you to programming concepts via numerous illustrated hands-on exercises. More advanced topics are demonstrated via custom projects. With concise and straightforward explanations, you learn how to write and test your programming code with the built-in Visual Basic Editor; understand and use common VBA programming structures such as conditions, loops, arrays, and collections; code a “message box”; reprogram characteristics of a database; and use various techniques to query and manipulate your Access .mdb and .accdb databases. The book shows you how you can build database solutions with Data Access Objects (DAO) and ActiveX Data Objects (ADO); define database objects and manage database security with SQL; enhance and alter the way users interact with database applications with Ribbon customizations and event programming in forms and reports. You also learn how to program Microsoft Access databases for Internet access with Active Server Pages (Classic ASP), HTML, and XML.
- Contains over thirty chapters loaded with illustrated “Hands-On” exercises and projects that guide you through the VBA programming language. Each example tells you exactly where to enter code and how to test it and then run it.
- Includes a companion disc with source code, supplemental files, and color screen captures (also available from the publisher for download)
- Explains how to store data for further manipulation in variables, arrays, and collections while teaching you to write both simple and complex VBA programming routines and functions.
- Teaches you how to programmatically create and access database tables and fields.
- Shows you how to insert, update, and delete data via programming code using various data access techniques.
- Gets you proficient creating and running simple and parameterized queries against your Access databases.
- Gets you comfortable using external data sources with Access (Excel, Word, flat files, XML, and SQL Server).
- Teaches you how to take control of your forms and reports by writing programming code known as event procedures.
- Shows you how to use various types of macros and templates.
- Takes your programming skills to the Web by introducing you to dynamic XML and Classic ASP pages.