The Metasploit Framework makes discovering, exploiting, and sharing vulnerabilities quick and relatively painless. But while Metasploit is used by security professionals everywhere, the tool can be hard to grasp for first-time users. Metasploit: The Penetration Tester’s Guide fills this gap by teaching you how to harness the Framework and interact with the vibrant community of Metasploit contributors.
Once you’ve built your foundation for penetration testing, you’ll learn the Framework’s conventions, interfaces, and module system as you launch simulated attacks. You’ll move on to advanced penetration testing techniques, including network reconnaissance and enumeration, client-side attacks, wireless attacks, and targeted social-engineering attacks.
Learn how to:
- Find and exploit unmaintained, misconfigured, and unpatched systems
- Perform reconnaissance and find valuable information about your target
- Bypass anti-virus technologies and circumvent security controls
- Integrate Nmap, NeXpose, and Nessus with Metasploit to automate discovery
- Use the Meterpreter shell to launch further attacks from inside the network
- Harness standalone Metasploit utilities, third-party tools, and plug-ins
- Learn how to write your own Meterpreter post exploitation modules and scripts