Author: Alan Thorn
Pub Date: 2017
Format: PDF (conv)
Size: 34 Mb
Create professional games with solid gameplay features and professional-grade workflow
Master realistic animations and graphics, particle systems, game AI and physics, sprites and VR development with Unity 2017
Do you want to make the leap from being an everyday Unity developer to being a pro game developer? Then look no further! This book is your one-stop solution to creating mesmerizing games with lifelike features and amazing gameplay.
This book focuses in some detail on a practical project with Unity, building a first-person game with many features. You’ll delve into the architecture of a Unity game, creating expansive worlds, interesting render effects, and other features to make your games special. You will create individual game components, use efficient animation techniques, and implement collision and physics effectively. Specifically, we’ll explore optimal techniques for importing game assets, such as meshes and textures; tips and tricks for effective level design; how to animate and script NPCs; how to configure and deploy to mobile devices; how to prepare for VR development; how to work with version control; and more.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed sufficient competency in Unity development to produce fun games with confidence.
What You Will Learn
- Explore hands-on tasks and real-world scenarios to make a Unity horror adventure game
- Create enemy characters that act intelligently and make reasoned decisions
- Use data files to save and restore game data in a way that is platform-agnostic
- Get started with VR development
- Use navigation meshes, occlusion culling, and Profiler tools
- Work confidently with GameObjects, rotations, and transformations
- Understand specific gameplay features such as AI enemies, inventory systems, and level design