English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800561649 | 621 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 166 MB
Build, design, and improve advanced business intelligence solutions using Tableau’s latest features, including Tableau Prep Builder, Tableau Hyper, and Tableau Server
- Master new features in Tableau 2021 to solve real-world analytics challenges
- Perform geo-spatial, time series, and self-service analytics using real-life examples
- Build and publish dashboards and explore storytelling using Python and R integration support
Tableau is one of the leading business intelligence (BI) tools used to solve data analysis challenges. With this book, you will master Tableau’s features and offerings in various paradigms of the BI domain.
Updated with fresh topics including Quick Level of Detail expressions, the newest Tableau Server features, Einstein Discovery, and more, this book covers essential Tableau concepts and advanced functionalities. Leveraging Tableau Hyper files and using Prep Builder, you’ll be able to perform data preparation and handling easily. You’ll gear up to perform complex joins, spatial joins, unions, and data blending tasks using practical examples. Following this, you’ll learn how to execute data densification and further explore expert-level examples to help you with calculations, mapping, and visual design using Tableau extensions. You’ll also learn about improving dashboard performance, connecting to Tableau Server and understanding data visualization with examples. Finally, you’ll cover advanced use cases such as self-service analysis, time series analysis, and geo-spatial analysis, and connect Tableau to Python and R to implement programming functionalities within Tableau.
By the end of this Tableau book, you’ll have mastered the advanced offerings of Tableau 2021 and be able to tackle common and advanced challenges in the BI domain.
What you will learn
- Get up to speed with various Tableau components
- Master data preparation techniques using Tableau Prep Builder
- Discover how to use Tableau to create a PowerPoint-like presentation
- Understand different Tableau visualization techniques and dashboard designs
- Interact with the Tableau server to understand its architecture and functionalities
- Study advanced visualizations and dashboard creation techniques
- Brush up on powerful self-service analytics, time series analytics, and geo-spatial analytics