Author: Rob Larsen
Pub Date: 2018
Size: 35 Mb
Take the plunge and develop cross-browser-compatible and responsive web designs with SVG
In this book, you will learn how to author an SVG document using common SVG features, such as elements and attributes, and serve SVG on the web using simple configuration tips for common web servers. You will also use SVG elements and images in HTML documents.
You will then build an understanding of the Snap.svg and SVG.js APIs, along with the basics of D3, and take a look at how to implement interesting visualizations using the library. By the end of the book, you will have mastered creating animations with SVG.
What You Will Learn
- Deliver the elements that make up an SVG image
- Replace your old CSS sprites with SVG
- Use SVG to scale images across multiple devices easily
- Harness the power of CSS animations and transformations to manipulate your SVG images in a replicable, remixable way
- Interface SVG with common libraries and frameworks, such as jQuery, React, and Angular