Author: Monika Wahi
Pub Date: 2020
Size: 90 Mb
Build a strong foundation for performing complex queries and simple analyses and for generating reports, along with delving into SAS data manipulation
SAS is used for various functions in the development and maintenance of data warehouses because of its reputation of being able to handle big data. This SAS software book is designed to get you up to speed with SAS and how to implement it effectively in the real world.
You will learn the pros and cons of data storage in SAS and how to document and design extract-transform-load (ETL) protocols for SAS processes. As you progress, the book will show you how the use of SAS arrays and macros can help standardize ETL. Toward the concluding chapters, you will also examine approaches for serving up data using SAS, along with understanding how connecting SAS to other systems can enhance a data warehouse user’s experience.
By the end of this SAS book, you’ll have a foundational understanding of the roles that SAS plays in a warehouse environment and you’ll be able to make the right decisions when designing your data warehousing processes involving SAS.
What you will learn
- Develop efficient ways to manage data input/output (I/O) in SAS
- Create and manage extract, transform, and load (ETL) code in SAS
- Standardize ETL through macro variables, macros, and arrays
- Identify data warehouse users and ensure their needs are met
- Design crosswalk and other variables to serve analyst needs
- Maintain data curation files to improve communication and management
- Use the output delivery system (ODS) for print and web reporting
- Connect other products to SAS to optimize storage and reporting