Get to grips with Python best practices and advanced tools to design, distribute, and test your programs
This course takes you on a journey from the basics of operating in a Python development environment through to advanced topics and master-level techniques. It presents you with a guide to Python and its standard library, focusing on language and library elements that are particularly useful for tool authors and system programmers.
We start off with the basics to set up a functioning environment, creating packages, and running them on the command line. Through our journey, we’ll highlight the major aspects of managing our Python development environment, handling parallel computation, and mastering asynchronous I/O for improved performance of our system. Finally, we’ll learn the secrets of metaprogramming and unit testing in Python arming you with the perfect skillset to be a Python expert.
Mastering Python will get you up to speed in everything from basic programming practices to high-end tools and techniques that will help you set apart as a successful Python programmer.
About the Author
Daniel Arbuckle holds a doctorate in Computer Science, and works as a Python programming consultant.
What are the requirements?
- This video course is a step-by-step tutorial with each section covering a distinct topic enhanced with discussions and examples; the topics have a wide variety ranging from the basics and fundamentals of Python to advanced power skills.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 37 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- Build Python packages to efficiently create reusable code
- Become proficient at creating tools and utility programs in Python
- Use the Git version control system to protect your development environment from unwanted changes
- Harness the power of Python to automate other software
- Distribute computation tasks across multiple processors
- Handle high I/O loads with asynchronous I/O for smoother performance
- Take advantage of Python’s metaprogramming and programmable syntax features
- Get to grips with unit testing to write better code, faster
What is the target audience?
- If you are a programmer who is familiar with the basics of Python and you want to broaden your knowledge base to develop projects better and faster, this course is for you. Learn the best practices and advanced techniques in Python to produce useful code with ease, just like an expert!