Author: Jeganathan Swaminathan
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 72 Mb
Take your C++ coding to the next level by leveraging the latest features and advanced techniques to building high performing, reliable applications.
C++ has come a long way and has now been adopted in several contexts. Its key strengths are its software infrastructure and resource-constrained applications. The C++ 17 release will change the way developers write code, and this book will help you master your developing skills with C++. With real-world, practical examples explaining each concept, the book will begin by introducing you to the latest features in C++ 17. It encourages clean code practices in C++ in general, and demonstrates the GUI app-development options in C++. You’ll get tips on avoiding memory leaks using smart-pointers. Next, you’ll see how multi-threaded programming can help you achieve concurrency in your applications. Moving on, you’ll get an in-depth understanding of the C++ Standard Template Library. We show you the concepts of implementing TDD and BDD in your C++ programs, and explore template-based generic programming, giving you the expertise to build powerful applications. Finally, we’ll round up with debugging techniques and best practices.By the end of the book, you’ll have an in-depth understanding of the language and its various facets.
What you will learn
- Write modular C++ applications in terms of the existing and newly introduced features
- Identify code-smells, clean up, and refactor legacy C++ applications
- Leverage the possibilities provided by Cucumber and Google Test/Mock to automate test cases
- Test frameworks with C++
- Get acquainted with the new C++17 features
- Develop GUI applications in C++
- Build portable cross-platform applications using standard C++ features