English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800206540 | 788 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 19 MB
Grasp advanced PowerShell 7.1 functionalities for effective automation of your environment
- See PowerShell in action, from learning the fundamentals to creating classes, scripts, and modules
- Work with dual code for PowerShell 7 and Windows PowerShell
- Automate complex tasks, manipulate data, and secure your environment
PowerShell scripts offer a convenient way to automate various tasks.
This comprehensive guide starts with the basics before moving on to advanced topics to help you become a PowerShell 7.1 expert. This extensively revised edition includes two new chapters on debugging and troubleshooting and creating GUIs. Learn the new features of PowerShell 7.1 by working with parameters, objects, and .NET classes from within PowerShell 7.1. As you work through the chapters, you’ll see how to efficiently manage substantial amounts of data and interact with other services using PowerShell 7.1. Make the most of PowerShell’s automation features, using different methods to parse data, manipulate regular expressions, and work with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). Advanced topics include asynchronous processing, desired state configuration, using more complex scripts and filters, debugging issues, and error-handling techniques.
By the end of this PowerShell book, you will be an expert in scripting with PowerShell 7.1.
What you will learn
- Optimize code with functions, switches, and looping structures
- Work with objects and operators to test and manipulate data
- Parse and manipulate different data types
- Create scripts and functions using PowerShell
- Use jobs, runspaces, and runspace pools to run code asynchronously
- Write .NET classes with ease within PowerShell
- Create and implement regular expressions in PowerShell scripts
- Make use of advanced techniques to define and restrict the behavior of parameters