English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1789954272 | 772 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 165 MB
Develop advanced skills for working with Linux systems on-premises and in the cloud
- Become proficient in everyday Linux administration tasks by mastering the Linux command line and using automation
- Work with the Linux filesystem, packages, users, processes, and daemons
- Deploy Linux to the cloud with AWS, Azure, and Kubernetes
Linux plays a significant role in modern data center management and provides great versatility in deploying and managing your workloads on-premises and in the cloud. This book covers the important topics you need to know about for your everyday Linux administration tasks.
The book starts by helping you understand the Linux command line and how to work with files, packages, and filesystems. You’ll then begin administering network services and hardening security, and learn about cloud computing, containers, and orchestration. Once you’ve learned how to work with the command line, you’ll explore the essential Linux commands for managing users, processes, and daemons and discover how to secure your Linux environment using application security frameworks and firewall managers. As you advance through the chapters, you’ll work with containers, hypervisors, virtual machines, Ansible, and Kubernetes. You’ll also learn how to deploy Linux to the cloud using AWS and Azure.
By the end of this Linux book, you’ll be well-versed with Linux and have mastered everyday administrative tasks using workflows spanning from on-premises to the cloud. If you also find yourself adopting DevOps practices in the process, we’ll consider our mission accomplished.
What you will learn
- Understand how Linux works and learn basic to advanced Linux administration skills
- Explore the most widely used commands for managing the Linux filesystem, network, security, and more
- Get to grips with different networking and messaging protocols
- Find out how Linux security works and how to configure SELinux, AppArmor, and Linux iptables
- Work with virtual machines and containers and understand container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Work with containerized workflows using Docker and Kubernetes
- Automate your configuration management workloads with Ansible