English | 2017 | ISBN: 978-1786460189 | 508 Pages | EPUB, PDF (conv) | 11 MB
Master the intricacies of Elasticsearch 5 and use it to create flexible and scalable search solutions
Elasticsearch is a modern, fast, distributed, scalable, fault tolerant, and open source search and analytics engine. Elasticsearch leverages the capabilities of Apache Lucene, and provides a new level of control over how you can index and search even huge sets of data.
We will give you a brief recap on the basics and also introduce you to the new features of Elasticsearch 5.0. We will guide you through the intermediate and advanced functionalities of Elasticsearchsuch as querying, indexing, searching, and modifying data. We’ll also explore advanced concepts including aggregation, index control, sharding, replication, and clustering.
We’ll show you the modules of monitoring and administration available in Elasticsearch, and will also cover backup and recovery. You will get an understanding of how you can scale your ElasticSearch cluster to contextualize it and improve its performance. We’ll also show you how you can create your own analysis plugin in Elasticsearch.
By the end of the book, you will have all the knowledge necessary to master Elasticsearch and put it to efficient use.
What you will learn
- Understand Apache Lucene and the Elasticsearch 5.0 design and architecture
- Use and configure the new and improved default text scoring mechanism in Apache Lucene 6
- Know how to overcome the pitfalls while handling relational data in Elasticsearch
- Write and develop customized plugins to extendElasticsearch
- Explore the right way of scaling production clusters to improvethe performance of Elasticsearch
Resolve the captcha to access the links!