English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 44KHz 2ch | 7.5 Hours | 2.15 GB
eLearning | Skill level: All Levels
NEW – Updated for Electron V5
Go from Web Developer to Desktop Applications Developer by learning to use the entire Electron API from scratch.
This course is suitable for BOTH complete Electron beginners and existing Electron developers looking to advance to the next level.
- Learn to develop with Electron using the best tools
- Understand the different parts of Electron and how they work together
- Cover the near-entire Electron API, learning one module at a time
- Learn Electron features & techniques for using API modules together
- Put your new knowledge to practical use by building a detailed 8-step Electron project from scratch.
An invaluable skill for any Web Developer to expand their career opportunities.
This course will provide a very practical and concise approach to learning Electron from scratch.
You will be able to start building real-world desktop applications immediately.
Content and Overview
With 45 concise and practical lectures, this course will provide a COMPLETE understanding of Electron and it’s full API.
- Basic command line usage and an understanding of ES2015 (ES6) will be beneficial.
The course starts by setting up the Electron development environment and covers some useful tools to aid in the development process.
The main body of the course then covers the 3 individual sections of the Electron API in great detail, with very practical individual lessons on each API module.
Once the API is covered, the course looks at some useful features and techniques, also demonstrating how Electron integrates with Native HTML5 APIs.
Finally you’ll build a real-world application which covers a large chunk of the Electron API in real-world scenarios. The project lessons is divided into 8 individual videos and will take you step-by-step to a complete, distribution-ready desktop application.
Upon completion of this course you will have the practical skills to immediately start building high quality desktop applications for Mac, Windows & Linux.
This course is to the point and everything is demonstrated in the most simple, yet practical ways, to help you become an advanced Electron Developer.
What you’ll learn
- Build native desktop applications using existing knowledge of HTML, CSS & JavaSript
- Create applications for both Mac, Windows & Linux
- Understand the near-entire Electron API in detail.
- Package Electron applications for distribution.
- Expand your existing skills beyond the browser & add an invaluable new skill to your resume.
- Verifiable certificate of completion.
2 Lesson Structure
Developing with Electron
3 Install & Run
4 App Structure
5 Using Native Node Modules
7 Resetting the Project Code
Main Process API
9 Session DownloadItem
11 Accelerator & globalShortcut
12 Menu & MenuItem
13 Menu Context Menu
16 BrowserWindow Getting Started
17 BrowserWindow Parent & Child Windows
18 BrowserWindow Frameless Window
19 BrowserWindow Properties, Methods & Events
20 BrowserWindow Window State
21 BrowserWindow webContents
22 Session Getting Started
23 Session Cookies
Renderer Process API
28 ipcMain & ipcRenderer
Features & Techniques
34 Offscreen Rendering
35 Network Detection
37 Preload Scripts
38 Progress Bar
39 Overview & Setup
40 Submitting New Items
41 Retrieving Item Details
42 Showing & Persisting Items
43 Selecting Items for Opening
44 Opening Items in Reader
45 Deleting Items
46 Application Menu
47 Distribution Overview
49 Code Signing
50 Publishing Releases
51 AutoUpdater Module
52 App Update
53 Release & Update
Mac Touch Bar
54 Touch Bar Basics
55 Advanced Layouts
56 Touch Bar Integration
57 Bonus Lecture Feedback & Course Coupons