Author: Antonio Gomes Rodrigues
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 36 Mb
Learn how to get the most out of JMeter, improve the productivity of your apps, and integrate JMeter with your Agile and DevOps processes.
Load tests help identify the maximum number of requests a software system can handle. One popular open source tool for load testing is JMeter. By leveraging the features and capabilities of JMeter, you can perform extensive load testing and fix issues in your application before they become problematic.
This book begins by discussing the whole process, including recording a script, setting it up, and launching it, enabling you to almost immediately start load testing. You’ll learn the best practices that you must follow while designing test cases. You’ll also explore the different protocols offered by JMeter through various real-world examples. Finally, you’ll see how to integrate JMeter into the DevOps approach and create professional reports. You’ll discover ways to use the eco-system of JMeter to integrate new protocols, enrich its monitoring, and leverage its power through the use of the cloud.
By the end of this book, you’ll know all that’s needed to perform comprehensive load testing on your applications by using all the best practices and features of JMeter.
What you will learn
- Explore various JMeter concepts, including Timers scope and Assertions scope
- Discover the types of test protocols and load tests that JMeter supports
- Design a realistic test scenario using various tips and best practices
- Prepare your test environment with injectors and the system under test
- Learn and apply good practices when recording a script
- Integrate JMeter with Jenkins using Maven