Author: Wallace Wang
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 17 Mb
Learn how to code for the iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and MacBook using Swift, Apple’s hottest programming language.
Fully updated to cover the new MacBook Touch Bar, macOS Programming for Absolute Beginners will not only teach complete programming novices how to write macOS programs, but it can also help experienced programmers moving to the Mac for the first time. You will learn the principles of programming, how to use Swift and Xcode, and how to combine your knowledge into writing macOS programs.
If you’ve always wanted to learn coding but felt stymied by the limitation of simplistic programming languages or intimidated by professional but complicated programming languages, then you’ll want to learn Swift. Swift is your gateway to both Mac and iOS app development while being powerful and easy to learn at the same time, and macOS Programming for Absolute Beginners is the perfect place to start – add it to your library today.
What You’ll Learn
- Master the basic principles of object-oriented programming
- Use Xcode, the main programming tool used for both macOS and iOS development
- See what makes Swift unique and powerful as a programming language and why you should learn it
- Create macOS programs using Swift and Xcode
- Apply interface principles that follow Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Take advantage of the new Touch Bar
Who This Book Is For
People who want to learn programming for the first time and for experienced programmers wanting to learn Xcode and the Mac for the first time.