English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1838643652 | 791 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 246 MB
Explore the capabilities of macOS tools and architecture for support tasks and system administration to optimize your macOS environment
Delve into macOS Big Sur, from installation to managing apps and optimizing your environment
Get to grips with system administration, along with monitoring, maintaining, and securing your systems
Discover ways to secure your data, backup infrastructure, and explore hidden files and folders
This book is a practical guide for developers looking to understand the features and tools in macOS that make it a professional tool for system administration.
You will understand the basics of system administration and later get up and running with monitoring, maintaining, and securing your systems. With practical examples and best practices, you will be able to build a backup infrastructure and virtual private network for your network. As you progress, you will understand how to secure your data and networks effectively by implementing various security strategies.
By the end of this book, you’ll not only be well-versed with macOS features, administration tasks, and best practices but also be able to apply the concepts you learn to achieve professional Apple certifications such as Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP).
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of the macOS system and architecture
- Install, update, and configure your local macOS system and identify the stages of the startup process
- Create and manage a local user account and set up your customized macOS environment
- Manage your file systems, storage, and permissions
- Explore practices and techniques to work with apps, networks, and security for your Mac system
- Delve into administration tasks such as managing service resources and peripherals