A step-by-step guide to building a complete Linux learning lab
The Build a free and complete Linux learning environment course is designed for Linux beginners who need a practice environment and intermediate users who want to study more advanced topics.
In this course we will:
- Install VirtualBox on Windows, OS X and Linux. In the process you will get familiar with terms like Host OS and Guest OS.
- Install Debian Server, CentOS Server and Ubuntu Desktop. You will learn to install the most adopted Linux distributions in the word.
- Configure the Internet connection for all Guest Operating Systems. You will learn both the VirtualBox configuration part and the Linux configuration part. You will understand the difference
- between a NAT and a Bridged connection.
- Configure the management interfaces for Debian and CentOS. You will learn how to access the machine via a separate terminal session, get familiar with Putty and SSH.
- Configure a new interface for every machine so you can communicate from any Guest OS to any Guest. In the process you will learn about Linux network configuration files.
- You will find attached files with all download links and all settings used in the Virtual Machines.
The Lab should be up&running in about 6 hours, including download and OS install time.
By the end of the course you will have a complete Linux Lab and new Linux skills!