Kali Linux is a comprehensive penetration testing platform with advanced tools to identify, detect, and exploit the vulnerabilities uncovered in the target network environment. With Kali Linux, you can apply appropriate testing methodology with defined business objectives and a scheduled test plan, resulting in a successful penetration testing project engagement.
Kali Linux – Assuring Security by Penetration Testing is a fully focused, structured book providing guidance on developing practical penetration testing skills by demonstrating cutting-edge hacker tools and techniques with a coherent, step-by-step approach. This book offers you all of the essential lab preparation and testing procedures that reflect real-world attack scenarios from a business perspective, in today’s digital age.
What You Will Learn
- Find out to download and install your own copy of Kali Linux
- Properly scope and conduct the initial stages of a penetration test
- Conduct reconnaissance and enumeration of target networks
- Exploit and gain a foothold on a target system or network
- Obtain and crack passwords
- Use the Kali Linux NetHunter install to conduct wireless penetration testing
- Create proper penetration testing reports
If you are an IT security professional or a student with basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and you want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, this book is for you.Homepage