English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78528-897-5 | 154 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 12 MB
Extend SQLite with mobile development skills to build great apps for iOS devices
The ability to use SQLite with iOS provides a great opportunity to build amazing apps. Apple’s iOS SDK provides native support for SQLite databases. This combination offers the potential to create powerful, data-persistent applications.
This book starts with the architecture of SQLite database and introduces you to concepts in SQL . You will find yourself equipped to design your own database system, administer it, and maintain it. Further, you will learn how to operate your SQLite databases smoothly using SQL commands.
You will be able to extend the functionality of SQLite by using its vast arsenal of C API calls to build some interesting, exciting, new, and intelligent data-driven applications. Understand how Xcode, HTML5, and Phonegap can be used to build a cross-platform modern app which can benefit from all these technologies – all through creating a complete, customizable application skeleton that you can build on for your own apps.
What You Will Learn
- Explore Swift’s basic language statements
- Connect to SQLite and execute SQL statements
- Extend the SQLite language to create your own software extensions
- Use HTML5 with Phonegap on iOS
- Set up a Swift project using XCode with SQLite
- Administer SQLite databases in an easy and effective way