The book will start by introducing all the built-in objects of ES6 and how to create ES6 custom Iterators. Next, it will teach you how to write asynchronous code in a synchronous style using ES6.
Moving on, the book will teach how to use Reflect API to inspect and manipulate object properties. Next, it teaches how to create proxies, and use it to intercept and customize operations performed on objects.
Finally, it explains old modular programming techniques such as IIFE, CommonJS, AMD, and UMD and also compares it with ES6 modules and how ES6 modules can increase the performance of websites when used.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the usage of new syntaxes introduced by ES6
- Use the new prototype-based features introduced by ES6
- Execute ES6 in an old non-supported ES6 environment
- Write asynchronous code using promise to facilitate the writing of better asynchronous code that is easier to read and maintain
- Create and understand the usage of iterators, iterables, and generators
- Get to know object-oriented programming and create objects using classes
- Build proxies using the ES6 proxy API and understand its uses