English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78646-423-1 | 363 Pages | PDF(conv), EPUB, AZW3 | 10 MB
Ansible is an open source automation platform that assists organizations with tasks such as configuration management, application deployment, orchestration, and task automation. Basically complex tasks can be handled by the easy-to-use Ansible. This update to Learning Ansible is based on the latest version, Ansible 2.
In this book, you will learn about the fundamentals and practical aspects of Ansible 2 by deep diving into topics such as installation (Linux, BSD, and Windows Support), playbooks, modules, various testing strategies, provisioning, deployment, and orchestration. In this book, you will get accustomed with the new features of Ansible 2 such as cleaner architecture, task blocks, playbook parsing, new execution strategy plugins, and modules. You will also learn how to integrate Ansible 2 with cloud platforms such as AWS. The book ends with the enterprise version of Ansible, Ansible Tower and Ansible Galaxy, where you will learn to interact Ansible with different OSs to speedup your work with Ansible Tower and Ansible Galaxy.
By the end of the book, you’ll able to leverage the Ansible parameters to create expeditious tasks for your organization by implementing the Ansible 2 techniques and paradigms.
What you will learn
- Set up Ansible 2 and an Ansible 2 project in a future-proof way
- Perform basic operations with Ansible 2 such as creating, copying, moving, changing, and deleting files, and creating and deleting users)
- Deploy complete cloud environments using Ansible 2 on Amazon Web Services and DigitalOcean
- Explore complex operations with Ansible 2 (Ansible vault, e-mails, and Nagios)
- Develop and test Ansible playbooks
- Write a custom module and test it