English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1839218804 | 602 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 44 MB
Develop an extendable smart robot capable of performing a complex series of actions with Python and Raspberry Pi
We live in an age where the most complex or repetitive tasks are automated. Smart robots have the potential to revolutionize how we perform all kinds of tasks with high accuracy and efficiency. With this second edition of Learn Robotics Programming, you’ll see how a combination of the Raspberry Pi and Python can be a great starting point for robot programming.
The book starts by introducing you to the basic structure of a robot and shows you how to design, build, and program it. As you make your way through the book, you’ll add different outputs and sensors, learn robot building skills, and write code to add autonomous behavior using sensors and a camera. You’ll also be able to upgrade your robot with Wi-Fi connectivity to control it using a smartphone. Finally, you’ll understand how you can apply the skills that you’ve learned to visualize, lay out, build, and code your future robot building projects.
By the end of this book, you’ll have built an interesting robot that can perform basic artificial intelligence operations and be well versed in programming robots and creating complex robotics projects using what you’ve learned.
What you will learn
- Leverage the features of the Raspberry Pi OS
- Discover how to configure a Raspberry Pi to build an AI-enabled robot
- Interface motors and sensors with a Raspberry Pi
- Code your robot to develop engaging and intelligent robot behavior
- Explore AI behavior such as speech recognition and visual processing
- Find out how you can control AI robots with a mobile phone over Wi-Fi
- Understand how to choose the right parts and assemble your robot