Author: Carl Rippon
Pub Date: 2018
Size: 10 Mb
Develop modern day component-based web apps using React16, Redux and TypeScript 3 with the help of practical examples
React is a popular choice for frontend development in recent times. Using React with TypeScript further enhances the development experience and assists you with creating high performant web apps. With this book, you’ll learn to create well-structured and reusable React components that are easy to read and maintain by leveraging modern web development techniques.
You’ll start by understanding core TypeScript programming concepts, before moving on to building reusable React components. In the next few chapters, you’ll learn how to ensure all your components are type-safe by using TypeScript’s capabilities, including the latest on project references, tuples in rest parameters, and much more. The book will then guide you through the core components of React such as React Router, managing state with Redux, and applying logic in lifecycle methods. As you progress, you’ll discover the latest features of React such as hooks and suspense, which will enable you to create powerful function-based components. Toward later chapters, you’ll get to grips with GraphQL web API using Apollo client to make your apps more interactive. Finally, you’ll learn how to write robust unit tests for React components using Jest.
By the end of this book, you’ll be equipped with the skills you need to develop fully featured web apps with React and TypeScript.
What you will learn
- Gain a first-hand experience of TypeScript and its productivity features
- Learn relevant advanced types in TypeScript to create strongly typed and reusable components
- Create stateful function-based components that handle lifecycle events using hooks
- Discover what GraphQL is and how to work with it by executing basic queries to understand the syntax
- Achieve good unit testing coverage on your components using Jest